Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Broccoli and Beef

I have been devastated since our favorite Chinese food restaurant closed a couple of years ago. We've searched the area looking for something, anything that measures up... but no luck thus far :( and to add insult to injury... I cannot recreate any of our favorite dishes. I mean not even close! I can cook Mexican exceptionally well and Italian practically flawlessly (well, it's pretty good) but I have yet to find any good Chinese recipes... until now.


This recipe was simple and delicious! (tomorrow I'll share the fried rice recipe pictured)

Ingredients:
1 1/4 lb Steak (I used a flat iron steak)
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp sugar
6 tbsp soy sauce
4 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 bag frozen broccoli

Directions:
Slice steak, against the grain, in to thin slices. Mix ginger, sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add the sliced steak, making sure its all coated and let stand for 10 minutes. Heat oil in a large skillet and pour marinated meat in the pan. Once meat is cooked, add broccoli and cook until heated through.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment